You Have Landed The Finance....
You have landed the finance, now it’s time to nail down the venue.
Hello friend! I am so glad you are here and we want to congratulate you on your engagement! Take some time to enjoy your engagement and pop the bubbly! Cheers!
Now that you are engaged you are probably thinking to yourself “Now what? Where do I even begin?” Lucky for you, you came to the right spot! Let us help you!
We would first recommend figuring your guest list – it is going to be hard for you to truly understand the cost of a wedding without an idea of how many guests you are anticipating. As you look at venues you must keep in mind your guest list as that will help to determine your venue and ultimately your wedding date. PLEASE gather an idea of your guest count before touring venues because you do not want to waste your time looking at a venue and falling in love with it only to find out that the capacity for that space is 100 guests and your guest count is 250. Once you have your guest count set, begin touring spaces!
Here is a list of 20 MUST ask questions to help you decide:
- What dates are available in the time frame that I am considering?
- How many people can this venue accommodate?
- What is included in the rental fee?
- Is there a space at the venue for us to get ready?
- Is there a food and beverage minimum?
- Do you have Friday, Sunday, Off season pricing?
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- Are we able to have a rehearsal ceremony? Is this an additional cost?
- What is the tax and service charge?
- Are there any hidden costs?
- Do you have a ceremony spot? Is this an additional cost?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Is there a cake cutting fee?
- Do you offer an on-site coordinator? Who will be our point of contact during the planning process and on our wedding day?
- Is there parking on-site? Is it complimentary?
- How many weddings or events do you do in one day?
- Do you have a list of approved or recommended vendors we can use?
- Do you have an in-house caterer?
- Do we have to purchase alcohol through you?
- Are there any restrictions at your venue? (i.e. time restrictions, noise restrictions, décor restrictions, etc)
Now that you have an idea of what to ask the venue you can get started on booking your tour with Glen Erin Golf Club! Contact us today to schedule your tour! You bring the questions and we will provide the bubbly! We can’t wait to hear your love story!
#themoreyouknow #glenerinweddingblog #glenerinweddings #wisconsinweddings